5/21/2010 11:45:00 PM

Observations Part II

From 2010-04-29

Past the 1/2 way point now. What more have I learned?



1. Food appears from the most random places. Yes, I have seen food appear from inside support columns. For example, some guy hauls out a cart of baked goods from a support column. WDF that is really cool.

2. Surgeon masks are really cool. You can wear them anytime everywhere and look super shady, even when you aren't sick or the air quality is bad.

3. I haven't seen many people bringing their own eating utensils to eat at stalls and restaurants. What's up with protecting the environment.

4. Milk tea and tea drinks are so delicious. I constantly must fight the urge to get them all the time. None of that powdered stuff I had in Beijing or California. The tapioca pearls are really good too. Specify how much ice and how much sugar you would like. Win

5. Space issues are huge. Housing space generally is smaller in Taiwan than the US. Besides the many many effects that it has on society, it also forces musicians to go and rent practice rooms. What a sweet idea.

6. I'm really thankful for 椰風搖滾社團, NTU ROCKCLUB. So many great people, and I will miss them all dearly.

7. College students dress up like crazy, even when just going to class. Not like us lazy Americans. I like wearing jeans with huge holes in them that reveal my boxers, raggy tshirt that has tons of wrinkles, and shaggy unkempt hair, topped off with some stubble because im bad at shaving.

8. Taipei is mad humid. It's really hard to sleep sometimes cause its difficult to breathe. Sigh. DIU

9. Avoid the 便當, the lunch boxes. Well, I like eating a lot of rice compared to other food in a given meal. Also the vegetables are super oily, and i dont really like boiled eggs cooked in soy sauce. 雞肉飯 FTW. You don't know how good chicken and rice is. Its stupid good.

10. Air conditioning is the best. THE BEST


2010-04-29

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave yo message after the beep, 留一下